This blog has some posts in portuguese that make sense to be written in portugese and not in English. My excuses to all my friends or readers who cannot read Portuguese, but nevertheless there is always very good translators in the web and I am sure you will not be dissappointed with my decison of making a Blog bilingual.

Wednesday 28 March 2007

Web 2 Learn

The major task in a research PhD programme is the difficulty in tracking all the research flows around a particular topic. In fact even the definition of the topic is itself a daunting task. Well at least this task I have completed because now, after several months of thoughts, I have my Topic.
My research area is Web Based Learning Environments. Of course it is a very wide area, and in order to narrow it, I chose the Instructional Design on adaptive learning environments. That is I am more interested in developing a learning platform, which differentiate users with personalization and profiling properties.

Moreover, I am deeply interested in the new web technologies, namely the so called web 2.0, with the associated e-learning 2.0. This brings a new social dimension, especially the social bookmarking and social networking, which in my point of view will have an interesting usage in learning scenarios. In fact the argumentation theory, from the educational field, will be interesting to analyze using this approach. Another interesting theory, which can support my claims, is the Conectivism theory, presented by George Siemens, and I will be pleased to make my proof of concept based on his explanations to the new learning approaches.

Well my research is just giving it's first steps, but I am sure whatever my conclusions in the end might be, the research itself and the time thinking consumption on these interesting matters is worthy enough.

No comments: